Question on Serpent Starfish

SaltLife77

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2021
Messages
86
Reaction score
84
Location
North Ridgeville
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning fellow reef keepers!

I got a red serpent starfish yesterday, when I got him I noticed he had one short leg but he looked good otherwise.

I acclimated him slowly for 3.5 hours, and overnight 1) he dropped the short leg and 2) he basically fully submerged himself in the sandbed.

Is the submersion in the sandbed normal?

Thanks!
 
I acclimated him slowly for 3.5 hours, and overnight 1) he dropped the short leg and 2) he basically fully submerged himself in the sandbed. Is the submersion in the sandbed normal?
Can be, yes. Mine is currently in the center of a collection of rocks with just his tips sticking out. So while he went into the sand he may very well end up elsewhere (they really seem to like crevices).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new