Questions about PraziPro.

EpisodeMnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to dose PraziPro in my display tank and had a couple questions.

1: A water change is supposed to be done both before AND after treatment?

2: I understand that carbon is supposed to be removed during treatment, and the skimmer is supposed to be turned off. Do these both stay off for the entire duration of the treatment? When can carbon be added back to the tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am about to dose PraziPro in my display tank and had a couple questions.

1: A water change is supposed to be done both before AND after treatment?

2: I understand that carbon is supposed to be removed during treatment, and the skimmer is supposed to be turned off. Do these both stay off for the entire duration of the treatment? When can carbon be added back to the tank?
Yes and Yes.
With prazi pro, dose once, wait about a week, do a 20-25% water change and then repeat dosage with a second one to eradicate the next hatching of worms before they can lay eggs on their own. While Prazi kills worms, it doesn’t eliminate eggs that may be left behind.

OP
OP
E

EpisodeMnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and Yes.
With prazi pro, dose once, wait about a week, do a 20-25% water change and then repeat dosage with a second one to eradicate the next hatching of worms before they can lay eggs on their own. While Prazi kills worms, it doesn’t eliminate eggs that may be left behind.
Okay thank you and then when can carbon be added back to the tank? At the end of treatment?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Okay thank you and then when can carbon be added back to the tank? At the end of treatment?
At the very end of treatment. I also want to mention, when dosing with prazi, increase oxygen with use of air stone as Prazi does lower oxygen levels and curb appetite

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, running skimmer real low with collection cup removed is a good way to oxygenate. Prazi may also kill any coco worms or feather dusters, if you have em

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back