Questions about presets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received the Photon V2+ and I was looking at the remote and seen on tje left side there is sunny clody and moon and custom there are other icons for sps bloom slave lps then on the right side there is random effects lighting cloudy partly cloudy.
On the left side I can only access the sunny cloudy and moon and custom and on the right side only the lighting.
The instructions don't say how to access the other presets
Any help would be great.
The light looks awesome seems very well built very excited !!
No so excited about programming it but I'm sure it will be easy once I get into it.
I attached a pic cant really see the icons tho

16053078769057997241527736051882.jpg

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This light is great the programming idk about. Really need to finish that app. Love the light but am second thinking buying it because the programming ! Hour by hour channel by channel.
With an app or on the computer would be MUCH simpler.
I have a 48 long 20 deep tank and mixed reef. Looking for a good sunrise to sunset program.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya you have to go hour by hour and channel by channel for your custom preset. But do it once and then it’s done forever.

takes about 15 minutes

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks fishfinder. I am a newbie when it comes to this and just trying to find the best settings when I really dont know a thing about them. So I am doing alot of reading ! Will be nice once they come out with the app. Will hopefully be able to change things but I am sure I will get used to it. The light is awesome.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main daylight is 70% blue channels, 20% the other channels. I have a 3 hour ramp in morning and evening that starts full blue and ramps the white in.

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders Never did get an answer about the other icons on the remote from the start of this thread. How to access them
Received the mounting brackets very nice! Hooked it all up then reminded me about the icons on the remote. Sure would like to know how to get to them, please
Again excellent light very happy

Attachments

• 20201128_171928.jpg
    20201128_171928.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really ? Stock remote. I have alot invested in reef breeders for them to have a remote that is not just made for their lights not to mention no app. Was looking at their wave pumps 4 of them but I think I will wait to see if they / he reply to any of this.
Like the lights but need more control well not more but easier. Yes the remote is doable but its 2020 going on 2021.
I knew I would have to program it thru the remote when I purchased it but an app would make such a good selling point not to mention bring it to the forefront of the rest

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The remote isn’t the best. But it only takes a few minutes to create a custom setting. The lights are great, look and grow well. I can put up with the remote for how good the lights are and the price point

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep totally get it and agree.
Hey I have a question since this is really the first morning I'm using the lights.
I have them set to go on at 7am and they went on at 6am. I looked at the remote and all channels were zero ?
They did go to my settings at 7am

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really ? Stock remote. I have alot invested in reef breeders for them to have a remote that is not just made for their lights not to mention no app. Was looking at their wave pumps 4 of them but I think I will wait to see if they / he reply to any of this.
Like the lights but need more control well not more but easier. Yes the remote is doable but its 2020 going on 2021.
I knew I would have to program it thru the remote when I purchased it but an app would make such a good selling point not to mention bring it to the forefront of the rest
It is not an "off the shelf" remote used by others- it's more in the way LCD screens work. In order for the icons to show up, they need to be pre-implanted in the screen. The factory made a screen that had more icons, and settled on using less in the final version. The ghost of those icons shows up at the right viewing angle, but they aren't actually built into the firmware.

We have invested a ton of time and money into a new wireless app- the hardware for that has been in Beta testing all year and is running over 100 lights right now. We will be releasing an upgrade kit to make your lights app ready in 2021 :)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep totally get it and agree.
Hey I have a question since this is really the first morning I'm using the lights.
I have them set to go on at 7am and they went on at 6am. I looked at the remote and all channels were zero ?
They did go to my settings at 7am
That's the built in ramping function. The lights work up to your first settings over the course of an hour. ie, 0% at 6:00, and 10% at 7:00 means they will come on at 1% at 6:06, 2% at 6:12, and so on.

Back