Questions about the TM carbon dosing system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

0utworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I’m currently using the TM bio-actif salt, which as I understand contains mild carbon dosing. I’m interested in getting into the TM carbon dosing line of products (e.g Plus NP, bactobalance etc).

What would the general practice be when starting these products, as I don’t want to over carbon dose with my bio actif sea salt. Should I switch over to Pro Reef salt before?

My nutrients are already on the low end.

Also, a completely different question: what’s the longest time I can keep the bio actif salt mixed (constantly with a power head) before using it?

Thank you!

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

We recommend to use the Bio-Actif salt as soon as possible after mixing and complete dissolution. For storage Pro-Reef is more appropriate. With the use of Reef Actif you get a similar effect as with Bio-Actif in-tank, independent of water changes.

For a first information about the Tropic Marin Organic Carbon Dosing System please have a look at our carbon dosing scale .

Combinations of Bio-Actif salt or Reef Actif which are both mild forms of organic carbon dosing with our liquid organic carbon dosings products are possible without problems.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back