Questions about trace elements and All-For-Reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Orm Embar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions about Tropic Marin products:

1) I use All-For-Reef (liquid), and while it works great, my calcium is now high compared to my alkalinity (Ca 500, alk 9.5). As such, I'm going to temporarily switch to an alkalinity only supplement until my calcium is back in range, and then go back to All-For-Reef. I'd like to use an alkalinity solution such as sodium carbonate, and then add A- and K+ trace elements to keep my tank on a one part suppement. Can I add A- and K+ trace elements to a sodium bicarbonate or sodium carbonate solution without problems? If not, then I would add them separately.

2) I noticed on your webpage that there is now an All-For-Reef powder; when is this coming to the US, and how much will it cost/for how many liters or gallons per container?

Thanks!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not believe you can add them together in a alk solution. I saw randy mention this somewhere. As for the powder, they are currently getting it to US whole salers (last I heard). I don't think anyone has an exact date yet for when it will come out. I think can make the same amount in the 1000l bottle for only 7 bucks but I am not sure the total that it makes. Also, if you skipped a few days of trace elements to let your calcium drop, you won't have any problems. I would personally just do that instead of buying the A and K.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree you should not mix with your alk. 500 calcium is not that high and should not cause an issue for any hard corals.
Deoending on you Ca usage i would just stop dosing it fir a few days and dose just your alk instead. I don't think going without for a few days is going to matter. Or just dose them manually.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%

Back