questions on clown breeding diet

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
according to many books too much shrimp in the diet can cause a problem with the egg "shell" for lack of a better term in clownfish. do mysis cause the same problem. i just started to feed my breeders mysis and argent cyclopeeze and they seem to be plumping up more so that before but i dont want to mess my hatch out up. any input will be helpful

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each breeder has their own secrets!

I have my own as well!

I think a good mixture of foods is the key,Ive never heard of the shrip causing problems though.

OP
OP
Just Clownin Around

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it mentions it in joyce wilkersons and i thought i read it somewhere else. i just wanna give my babies all that i can to get bigger and better clutches. yah i know every one has there own secrets but i am always open with mine

fishtal9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A well balanced diet is good for any fish that you're attempting to breed. Smaller, more frequent meals are better than larger meals only once or twice a day. Keep in mind the dietary requirements of a particular species.

OP
OP
Just Clownin Around

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what i do now . i just never really targeted mysis shrimp in the diet. i started feeding it pretty heavily and it seems that it has increased clutch size. just wanted to knoe if it will make the eggs harder to hatch

fishtal9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what i do now . i just never really targeted mysis shrimp in the diet. i started feeding it pretty heavily and it seems that it has increased clutch size. just wanted to knoe if it will make the eggs harder to hatch

Sorry, I don't have a firm answer for that. Witt and MP would know better than I. I guess my main point was to not feed too much of any one type of food so that the fish aren't getting too much of any one nutrient. :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 76 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back