Quick help for purchasing a used Apex Classic

K-Philly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, getting ready to close the deal on an Apex classic controller. It includes the basic setup except display module. In order to reset the apex, it is from my understanding that I need a token that I can only get from the Display module. Is there another way?

It includes a lab grade PH and Temp probe. I had planned to test them to be sure they work. Any advice on this as well?

Also, does Neptunes still refurbish these controllers as needed? I've looked around and can't find a sure answer.

Thank you for the help!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see if any #apexusers might know the answers to your questions :)

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand yes you will need a display module. The orange lit apex 2016 display will work, they're backwards compatible.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/apex-display-module-neptune-systems.html
I recently setup my used apex lite. I needed the display for the token as you stated, also needed it to reset all presets and internet info from previous owner.
Maybe you can haggle on the price a bit?? Knowing you need to spend another $100

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resetting the Apex and getting a token are unrelated to one another. A token is used for linking an Apex Classic to APEX Fusion, not doing any sort off reset.

Both actions can be done without a display module by using the Apex Classic Dashboard (the web-based user interface built into the Classics)

OP
OP
K-Philly

K-Philly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank y'all for the quick responses! Seller came down on the price some because of the possibility that the PH probe could be broken. He also informed like RussM said that I can do those actions via the dashboard.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 86 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back