Quick ID, and a Surprise!

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all Happy New Year, and Merry Late Chrysler!
I know it's a toadstool, just not sure what kind as I have heard weeping willow and more just want to know exactly. Also, a quick pic of my two helpers helping take the pictures :)
IMG_3008.jpg
IMG_3007.jpg
IMG_3009.jpeg
IMG_3006.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That second picture makes it look like a torch. I don't know what names they have hung on these Sarcophyton species?

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That second picture makes it look like a torch. I don't know what names they have hung on these Sarcophyton species?
It is super flowly and the disk is about 3in circumference, while the tentacle things are like 1in each. Wanted to know only cuz I got it from an LFS for only 50 bucks and it resembles a weeping willow to me, but a 1in frag of the weeping willow is like 50-100 dollars... Wanna see if I got a genuine steal / robbed them blind.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If thats a weeping willow I believe mine is too with how similar they are. very very healthy piece btw, cant image the other corals in your tank.
Thanks! Not too hard to make the bulletproof corals look good - it’s the sps that have seen better days lol

Looking back mine may actually be a “long polyp toadstool,” but tbh I don’t personally see much of a difference.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Not too hard to make the bulletproof corals look good - it’s the sps that have seen better days lol

Looking back mine may actually be a “long polyp toadstool,” but tbh I don’t personally see much of a difference.
I'm in the same boat, my tank is about 5 months old since it got wet with dry rock and clean media. I've tried 3 SPS and the only thing that is alive and looking good is blue-green Monti. Think I just got to wait for time on my tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back