Quick invert qt ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jeeperz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2019
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
1,065
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally I qt my inverts with an extra light run as a slave off my ai but due to one of them failing the qt light is now on a tank. Do I need a light on my invert qt? The room gets a good amount of natural light just no direct light. Thanks
 
Normally I qt my inverts with an extra light run as a slave off my ai but due to one of them failing the qt light is now on a tank. Do I need a light on my invert qt? The room gets a good amount of natural light just no direct light. Thanks
Unless you have photosynthetic creatures in your qt, you'll probably be ok. How long do you keep the inverts in qt?
 
I've been lazy in the past and upwards of 6 months. But that's with a light that feeds the algae for them
 
Wow, learn something new everyday. Inverts and corals can bring disease into the tank...geez....anything else besides the obvious? I thought that if I get my inverts from an LFS that only has inverts in the display with no fish or corals that those are pretty safe for direct entry to the tank?
 
Wow, learn something new everyday. Inverts and corals can bring disease into the tank...geez....anything else besides the obvious? I thought that if I get my inverts from an LFS that only has inverts in the display with no fish or corals that those are pretty safe for direct entry to the tank?
There is a chance for something to cling to the shell, and a slight chance that the couple drops of water trapped inside the shell could harbor tiny parasites, but a full 76 day quarantine is something I've never done.
 
Wow, learn something new everyday. Inverts and corals can bring disease into the tank...geez....anything else besides the obvious? I thought that if I get my inverts from an LFS that only has inverts in the display with no fish or corals that those are pretty safe for direct entry to the tank?
They are pretty safe and the risk is low. Inverts , especially with shells, can carry disease though. I buy mine from an LFS that has fishless holding but I don’t know long long they have been there and/or if his supplier does that. So I run a separate invert and coral quarantine just because I’m super risk adverse by personality.
 
I figured dipping corals would kill any potential problems and did not know they need QT to.
 
I figured dipping corals would kill any potential problems and did not know they need QT to.
Dipping doesn’t kill eggs or tomonts. Those would be on the frag plug. If you change those out and then dip, I’m pretty sure, You’re good to go.
 
I'm talking snails/crabs
Yes sorry... I just mentioned my invert and coral QT and they asked about corals. I would think snails and crabs would be fine without a light especially if it gets natural light. As long as there is a food source :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new