Quick question!

Aronsaquarium

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2022
Messages
350
Reaction score
83
Location
los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a Flame angel and Flagfin Angel in the same 75g tank. They’ve been happy together the last 9 months or so that I’ve had the flagfin.
But the flagfin is now starting to outgrow the tank which I knew when I bought it, And I want to switch him out for a Lemonpeel Angel that I have in QT at the moment.
The lemon peel is much better suited for the size tank.

Now I’ve been hoping to keep the Flagfin in the tank and switch him out with the lemon peel after it’s quarantine, hoping that having the Flagfin in the tank when adding the lemonpeel will make the transition much easier and less risk of fighting between the lemon peel and flame angel while they get to know each other.

But I think it’s getting a little stressful keeping the Flagfin in there for another 3 weeks while the lemonpeel finishes quarantine..

Do you think having all the angels in the tank for a few days is a major plus and waiting the next few weeks out is worth it?

Or should I just take out the Flagfin now.. as it won’t help the adjustment period anyways?

Thanks!
IMG_2308.jpeg
 
I think that you can’t predict individuals behavior.

Consider adding new Angel the same time you remove the larger Angel fish.

“But I think it’s getting a little stressful keeping the Flagfin in there for another 3 weeks”

What determines stressful?
 
I think that you can’t predict individuals behavior.

Consider adding new Angel the same time you remove the larger Angel fish.

“But I think it’s getting a little stressful keeping the Flagfin in there for another 3 weeks”

What determines stressful?
Right so I wasn’t sure if I should take out the old one and add the new at the same time. Or put the new one in a little holding container in the main tank for the tank mates to get used to him first etc.. while keeping the larger one in there

But either way that would require keeping the Flagfin for a few more weeks.
The lemonpeel is 9 days into his 30 days copper QT.

The Flagfin has started pacing more than he used to, and becoming more aggressive.
I’m just worried for him to injure another fish or kill my fire shrimp if he goes over the edge..
But at the same time he could totally be fine another few weeks.. just can’t predict

It’s kinda a guess as to what’s better here..
take him out now or wait to switch simultaneously
but I’m hoping for some insight:)

Thanks!
 
Right so I wasn’t sure if I should take out the old one and add the new at the same time. Or put the new one in a little holding container in the main tank for the tank mates to get used to him first etc.. while keeping the larger one in there

But either way that would require keeping the Flagfin for a few more weeks.
The lemonpeel is 9 days into his 30 days copper QT.

The Flagfin has started pacing more than he used to, and becoming more aggressive.
I’m just worried for him to injure another fish or kill my fire shrimp if he goes over the edge..
But at the same time he could totally be fine another few weeks.. just can’t predict

It’s kinda a guess as to what’s better here..
take him out now or wait to switch simultaneously
but I’m hoping for some insight:)

Thanks!
Considering more aggression observed, transfer him now.
 
Hi,
I have a Flame angel and Flagfin Angel in the same 75g tank. They’ve been happy together the last 9 months or so that I’ve had the flagfin.
But the flagfin is now starting to outgrow the tank which I knew when I bought it, And I want to switch him out for a Lemonpeel Angel that I have in QT at the moment.
The lemon peel is much better suited for the size tank.

Now I’ve been hoping to keep the Flagfin in the tank and switch him out with the lemon peel after it’s quarantine, hoping that having the Flagfin in the tank when adding the lemonpeel will make the transition much easier and less risk of fighting between the lemon peel and flame angel while they get to know each other.

But I think it’s getting a little stressful keeping the Flagfin in there for another 3 weeks while the lemonpeel finishes quarantine..

Do you think having all the angels in the tank for a few days is a major plus and waiting the next few weeks out is worth it?

Or should I just take out the Flagfin now.. as it won’t help the adjustment period anyways?

Thanks!
IMG_2308.jpeg
This post on a different thread outlines introduction of new fish to established display.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-benefits-of-parasites.1069947/page-7#post-13444336
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT FIRST SPARKED YOUR INTEREST IN REEFING?

  • I saw a reef tank that hooked me

    Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I was already keeping freshwater aquariums

    Votes: 12 32.4%
  • A particular fish got me interested

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Corals and inverts were the draw

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • A friend or family member introduced me

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • The science and ecosystem challenge appealed to me

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I stumbled into it… and here we are

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 16.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new