Quiet, unobtrusive skimmer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eienna
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2013
Messages
5,758
Reaction score
521
Location
Eddyville, KY, USA
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having to change my stance on using a skimmer because of my inability to plumb a decent-size sump/fuge into my tank. Can anyone recommend a half-decent, quiet hang-on-back (or better, an under-tank that doesn't require a sump) skimmer under $200?
 
What size tank? There are some good HOB skimmers. I still have a super skimmer is a great low cost skimmer. Can be sump or HOB. Had it over 6 years and always creates masses of bubbles and dark skimmate. Works better than my aqua c sump skimmer at half the price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
 
What size tank? There are some good HOB skimmers. I still have a super skimmer is a great low cost skimmer. Can be sump or HOB. Had it over 6 years and always creates masses of bubbles and dark skimmate. Works better than my aqua c sump skimmer at half the price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

50g.
 
Or the Reef Octopus BH-1000! Which I've been using for almost a year now. My tank sits 2' from my *spot* on the couch-lol-and I do not hear it. Definitely a great skimmer!! Only $189
4unu6e9y.jpg
de8avaru.jpg



Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.
 
Thanks guys!! :) I think I'll go with the 2000 because I hope eventually to upgrade to a 125g. It'll take me a bit to save up but it'll be worth it, I'm sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new