Quietest Return Pump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cpllongjk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cpllongjk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
309
Reaction score
138
Location
Modesto, Ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've eliminated most of the noise/vibrations coming from my tank except my return pump. It is honestly the noisiest piece of equipment in my tank.

I currently run the eheim 1260 and I call it Old Faithful because it never quits. I've been running it for over 3 years with no issues.

To make a long story short, I am looking for a return pump that is super quiet that provides about 500+gph flow at roughly 5ft of head pressure.

Any ideas?
 
@cpllongjk - what's your price point? There are a lot of great pumps and people can shout out X-brand pump for $500 dollars when you are only budgeting for $100.
 
I have the new Jebao DCT12000. I cannot hear it at all. Also has more than enough flow for all my needs. Price was right too.
 
I have the new Jebao DCT12000. I cannot hear it at all. Also has more than enough flow for all my needs. Price was right too.
Believe it or not.... my brother has that pump also and my sicce syncra silent 5.0 is more quiet. The jebao pumps are so quiet they aren't noticeable and they are cheaper than sicce
 
as much as i hate to say it, the Vectra from ecotech marine is incredibly quiet
 
Price really isnt an issue. My main concerns are size and noise. It has to be smaller than my eheim 1260 and noticeably more quiet. I have a jebao dc6000 on my skimmer and while its quiet I wish it were more quiet.
 
Thanks for all the input. I think this is funny... the syncra 3.0 draws fewer amps than the 2.0. LOL.
 
I run a Sicce Syncra 3.0 as well for my return. For pumps in the price range I think it's probably the best you can get in my opinion as far as a quieter pump.
I've had mine for a little over 4 years. It replaced a lifeguard pump and a mag drive before that.
I bought the Sicce for the same reasons as you. I wanted something much quieter and reliable as well.
 
Sicce syncra silent will probably be what you're looking for then. It's proven to be the highest quality available and silent
 
Even with my noggin a foot from the plumbing on my Quiet One 4000 I can't hear anything but the water flowing through the plumbing - which is just barely audible. I have to shut off my skimmer to hear even that!

Hard to believe your Eheim isn't virtually silent...unless there's a problem with it, I'd be surprised if you found anything comparable that is quieter.

Do you run a skimmer, and are you implying that the Eheim is louder than your skimmer? Are you running the Eheim in water, or externally?

BTW, 3 years is not "old" for an Eheim....that's just a baby!! Show me a 3 year old Chinese pump and I'll show you old! ;)

FYI, I have a zero-tolerance policy for vibrations, drain noise, etc too.....my desk is 3 feet from my system, which has a completely open stand. As a result, my tank is pretty much dead silent when running. As close as you can get when flowing and bubbling as much water as I am!! :D
 
Fluval pumps! I'm telling ya, they're the best
 
My DCT4000 and DC3000 are dead silent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new