R.I.P. Turbo Snail?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chandavi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chandavi

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
177
Location
Grand Ledge, MI, USA
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s been on his side like this for about 8 hours.
Thinking he’s a goner...
I’ll take him out tomorrow for the smell test but what ya think?

E8CF05CE-4EDA-4BAE-996D-B00B5F7973CB.jpeg EA8E5F7A-B606-4F80-826D-F80F234B787F.jpeg
 
It's still clinging to the sand. I'd remove it to see if it stinks. If it does, toss. Otherwise, you can try brushing the sand off to see if it's still intact. Turbos can't right themselves, so it will need some assistance getting back on the glass (place the sucker part adjacent).
 
Turbos have a tenancy to starve or just die off in reefs, id pull him out and poke his underside, if there’s no response or movement (close up in shell) then he ded
 
Guess he was waiting for me to post here as the “substrate” that was attached to his foot was left behind and he moved away. I tried to remove the “chunk” left behind but it was a gravel covered gelatinous mass that disintegrated when I tried to pull it out. Weird but at least he’s alive!!
 
Guess he was waiting for me to post here as the “substrate” that was attached to his foot was left behind and he moved away. I tried to remove the “chunk” left behind but it was a gravel covered gelatinous mass that disintegrated when I tried to pull it out. Weird but at least he’s alive!!

The best thing to do is not mess with them BUT keep them upright.
 
Guess he was waiting for me to post here as the “substrate” that was attached to his foot was left behind and he moved away. I tried to remove the “chunk” left behind but it was a gravel covered gelatinous mass that disintegrated when I tried to pull it out. Weird but at least he’s alive!!
CCD93E37-C2A0-4C57-BF71-8EDBA0344403.gif
 
I hate turbos and margarita snails. Every morning I have a routine or flipping over snails that fall off my frag rack :/ annoying but I have to because they can’t do it… yet they get themselves in the same situation everyday
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new