R2R Moderator of the Month: skinz78

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This year we are kicking off something new here at R2R to honor those who work behind the scenes to keep R2R growing and going! Every month we will be announcing a Moderator of the Month! In addition to being recognized the mod of the month will be awarded a prize of $100. :D

Now without further delay.....

January Moderator of the Month 2013: skinz78

295220_3679690729811_1099933326_n.jpg

Name:
Chris Baskins

What does your screen name mean?
Shortened last name with the year I was born.

How long have you been a member of R2R?
Since May of 2009

Why do you like to moderate the forums?
I love helping out other member and hopefully teaching them how to not make the same mistakes that I did. Plus I like to follow other reef enthusiasts progresses with their own aquariums.

What is your tank like?
120g mixed reef, been set up for about two years now. For the past year I've been battling it out with both Dinoflaggelates and Hair Algae but recently have been making huge steps towards winning the battle. My tank thread can be found here if you wish to read all about it and the journey it's been through. Skinz's 120g dream come true. Pic's updated 12/03/12

My most recent pic's, I need to get some newer one's because the Monti Caps and most of the clams are gone now and things are aquascaped a bit differently.

12270_563790453635254_694085133_n.jpg

What would your dream tank be like?
If I could fit a custom tank in my house it would be a 72" long by 20" tall, and 30" deep, whatever that works out to for gallons. It would house SPS, and Zoa's on the rocks with Clams "Maxima and Squamosa's" and LPS "Lobo's, Wellso's, Trachy's, Chalice's and Scoly's" on the sandbed. I would have a school of any kind of Anthia's, Sohal Tang, Cheveron Tang, lots of F+F Wrasses, a pair of Wantanabi Angels and then a few Gobie's and Blennies.

What other hobbies do you have?

I am probably just as much into waterfowl hunting as I am reefing. I try to go every weekend during the waterfowl season. For me it isn't so much as getting out and killing birds as it is to just get out and enjoy nature. During the summer months I try to get out and into nature as much as my spare time allows.

This morning's hunt with my wife Sarah and dog Bud, it was Sarah's first hunt. In the background you can see my parents 160 acre farm. I will be the 4th generation to farm it.

12602_580088028672163_1580080911_n.jpg

Anything you would like to add?

I am extremely honored to have this award. But the most rewarding thing of all is helping others, and if there are any questions that you may have for me feel free to ask. I'm here to help and share my knowledge.

Please help me thank Chris for his dedication to the hobby and R2R! Thank you Chris!

Last edited:

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Congrats Chris and well-deserved!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Chris!!!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Chris, you really do a lot for this forum and are a big part of its success.

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats. Well deserved

Country Boy using tapatalk on his EVO

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations !! Great job it's people like you that makes R2R such a great place!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Chris! Well deserved and keep up the good work.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 87 75.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back