Radioactive dragon eyes

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having some trouble with these zoas they just won't open but half way and sometimes not at all. I have them in the sand right now adjusting to my new led. I have another nice sized colony of different ones that are all open and happy looking. Those are at the top of my rocks. Should I move the dragon eyes up to the top? It's frustrating I've had them for 2 months now and this is what they look like.
a3c9f7eeaeb9413e550e955f2e738c1a.jpg

John Gemmel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hat high light but hey each zoa is different I would try to move up a little see if it improves any.

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have started out with 5 or 6 polyps got them for $5 but they just won't open they aren't dying but they aren't growing either

John Gemmel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.right now kessils but I'm gonna supplement with t5 soon gotta figure more about it first. What all the pros are doing

Rank up from 5% color peak at 50
5% intensity peak at 60
Cut on at 700 to 6

John Gemmel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a new led light tho u might wanna put it under a shadow some what to block the intensity of the light. My opinion I'm not a pro tho.

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they been dipped? I am wondering if it could be a pest as none of the other zoas have been effected by the new lighting.

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes all of my corals have been dipped at least 3 times to make sure i have gotten all the pests and eggs if there were any and they hatched. I dipped with 3-4 weeks in between dips to allow them to recover. I had them under some leds before but they weren't real good led them moved them to my qt tank with t12 bulbs now back to my dt with my new better led.

Back