Radion 60 inch light rail question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimbo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jimbo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
941
Reaction score
426
Location
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of switching my light set up you see here with a 60” light rail due to sagging from the AI Blades as you can see here.
Can I use the 2 of the RMS mounts I have to hold the rail or is something else needed?

Any other suggestion to fix the problem? I’m using 2 3d printed holders right now that are attached to two of the xr15’s to hold the blades but it pulls the Radions down a little bit.
IMG_5104.jpeg
IMG_5104.jpeg
 
I use the RMS mounts with the rail. I have 4 XR30’s on a 6’ span with no sag.
 
What length rail for a 5 foot tank? Can I get away with the 50.5” ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new