RADION AB+ Intensity vs Par

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I am trying to dial my lights in and I dont have a par meter. for the past 5 months, i have been running my Radions with the slider on 40% (I think this is an intensity of about 30% in a SPS dominated tank. Coral seem to be growing, and colors are not horrible, but I think I need more light to bring out more colors. ill try and post some pics for reference

Details on my tank: Tank size (32" long x 24" deep x 24" front to back)

Lights: 2 radions (one XR30 G3PRO, and one XR30G4PRO)
mounted 9" above the water level
both lights are oriented in a front to back arrangement and they are about 16" apart. Each light is basically mounted over a mound of rocks. Most of my coral are mounted between 8" and 14" below the water level.

Schedule:
AB+ lights on at 8am and off at 6:15pm with 1hr ramp up and down.
slider set at 40% (I think 30% intesity)

Water params:
Alk = 8.6 (very stable) (Salifert)
Calc = 450 (Salifert)
PO4 = .05 ppm (Hanna)
NO3 = 5.0ppm (Salifert)

Over the last couple weeks i have started to increase the slider by 2% per week and my slider is at 44% now.

Anyway......I was wondering if there is anyone out there with some par numbers for these lights at different intensities. Especially if they are mounted like mine at 9" above water line.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all but the first were taken using my phone and a orange/yellow filter.......
As u can see......I am not getting the vivid reds in my PC rainbow, or the vivid pink in my pink panther.......

Tank shot.jpg PC Rainbow.jpg Miyagi and Pink Panther.jpg Pinky the Bear.jpg

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I am trying to dial my lights in and I dont have a par meter. for the past 5 months, i have been running my Radions with the slider on 40% (I think this is an intensity of about 30% in a SPS dominated tank. Coral seem to be growing, and colors are not horrible, but I think I need more light to bring out more colors. ill try and post some pics for reference

Details on my tank: Tank size (32" long x 24" deep x 24" front to back)

Lights: 2 radions (one XR30 G3PRO, and one XR30G4PRO)
mounted 9" above the water level
both lights are oriented in a front to back arrangement and they are about 16" apart. Each light is basically mounted over a mound of rocks. Most of my coral are mounted between 8" and 14" below the water level.

Schedule:
AB+ lights on at 8am and off at 6:15pm with 1hr ramp up and down.
slider set at 40% (I think 30% intesity)

Water params:
Alk = 8.6 (very stable) (Salifert)
Calc = 450 (Salifert)
PO4 = .05 ppm (Hanna)
NO3 = 5.0ppm (Salifert)

Over the last couple weeks i have started to increase the slider by 2% per week and my slider is at 44% now.

Anyway......I was wondering if there is anyone out there with some par numbers for these lights at different intensities. Especially if they are mounted like mine at 9" above water line.

Thanks for the help!!!!

I would just rent a par meter from BRS/Pod Your Reef or elsewhere to really get an idea of what pars you are getting. I'm lucky my LFS rents them but I wouldnt try and figure out my lighting without one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back