Radion G5 Next to G6

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2018
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
1,005
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a pair of G5 Pros (really nailed that timing…) and one has a rattle. Ecotech is offering to replace it with a G6 Pro, which is pretty cool, but I’m concerned the different spectrum on the G6 will make the two look odd next to each other.

Have they started shipping so someone can compare?
 
If need be, you can upgrade the lens on the G5 to a G6. I have notnheard a real difference between the 2.
 
If need be, you can upgrade the lens on the G5 to a G6. I have notnheard a real difference between the 2.
I have enough experience tinkering with electronics to know that I don’t want to do that. I’ll probably break something haha
 
I have enough experience tinkering with electronics to know that I don’t want to do that. I’ll probably break something haha
Lol, its really not hard at all to change the lens. You just need to take it easy on the housing and not over tighten it.
 
Haha okay, thanks. I wonder if they'd cut me a break on a new board... Seems unlikely, but never hurts to ask.
Stroke their ego and say that you are concerned that the g5 will look lackluster compared to the g6 so you are wondering if they can give a discount on the g5 upgrade kit.
 
Well, they didn’t go for it. Think I’ll just wait for them to get more G5 stock rather than have two different lights.
 
Personally, I'd really consider their generous offer. You could always sell the new G5 and get a new G6 if you don't want to swap the boards. Doubtful there is that much of a difference in the output that you would notice. Do some searches, someone will probably post a side-by-side soon.
 
Well, they didn’t go for it. Think I’ll just wait for them to get more G5 stock rather than have two different lights.
It seems pretty unlikely that they will restock G5’s now. If they are gone you will probably need to find somewhere else to buy one.
 
Take the g6 and sell your g5.

i run pro blue pro on my tank so…
 
Put the g6 in the middle and no one would be the wiser . Might add a different look to the tank !!!
 
Put the g6 in the middle and no one would be the wiser . Might add a different look to the tank !!!
I’m not the original poster - I think they are only running 2
 
I thought you were running Stratons? What happened... why did you decide to go to Radions?
I run both - stratons on my display, radions on my office tank.
 
I run both - stratons on my display, radions on my office tank.
In hindsight, I would prefer to run all ATI stratons. The fans really bug me, especially when I’m working.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new