Radion g5 xr15’s anyone using the blue and pros together

Prince23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious too know if there’s anyone currently running the radions g5 xr15’s blue and pro’s together!! I’m currently running 5 over 130gal. (Blue,pro,blue,pro,blue)

OP
OP
Prince23

Prince23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well… atm I am actually adding another 4 blues and one more pro so I will have the 10 running. (7 blues and 3 pros.) I have them on same schedule but using the pros at middle points for both sps/lps but this is where you very much interest me. With that said schedule in mind! Or thought on it.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious too know if there’s anyone currently running the radions g5 xr15’s blue and pro’s together!! I’m currently running 5 over 130gal. (Blue,pro,blue,pro,blue)
I am as well. Have 7 - 4 blues, 3 pros. Gives a nice mix. Corals aren’t complaining.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro giddy up what corals are you running!!!!!
Mixed reef. Running a modified AB+. Whiter and higher intensity at peak hours and 2 hr moonlight b4 lights out. Over an 8’ 240 gallon with a basement fish room. Installed on 80/20 frame attached to a tubular motor so I can raise and lower for tank maintenance.

OP
OP
Prince23

Prince23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Mixed reef. Running a modified AB+. Whiter and higher intensity at peak hours and 2 hr moonlight b4 lights out. Over an 8’ 240 gallon with a basement fish room. Installed on 80/20 frame attached to a tubular motor so I can raise and lower for tank maintenance.
Im running 10 xr15’s in a 130 gal 5ft tank. . So my question is am I running to many!!! 7 blues and 3 pros I’m splitting and running pros in between. But what are you growing sps heavy ?? And btw fantastic. You have an amazing system!!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your tank dimensions? You say 5’ so does that mean it’s 2’ wide and deep?
Not sps heavy but a little bit of everything. Some softies, lps and sps. Sps are mostly montis and easier acros. I like the movement lps and softies give. I find an all sps tank, while nice colors, to be boring. No movement. That’s just my opinion.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious about this combo. Setting up a 6 foot tank and planning on going with Radion XR30 G6 for lighting. Going to run four of them to maximize PAR. Was thinking about getting two Pros and two Blues and running the blues on the outside of the tank

I love when my corals pop but I also like the fish to look “normal” during peak hours. Seems like a combo of Pros and Blues will help me get best of both world

Thoughts?

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 blues and 2 pros. You all recommend running blues or pros in the middle? I’m guessing pros since I’ll be running full pro spectrum for a couple hours for the peak schedule and AB+ outside of the 2 hours?

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious about this combo. Setting up a 6 foot tank and planning on going with Radion XR30 G6 for lighting. Going to run four of them to maximize PAR. Was thinking about getting two Pros and two Blues and running the blues on the outside of the tank

I love when my corals pop but I also like the fish to look “normal” during peak hours. Seems like a combo of Pros and Blues will help me get best of both world

Thoughts?
Did you do this? And if so how does it look? What’s your schedule?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back