Radion G5s constantly unavailable in Mobius!!

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to bear with it but I'm getting super frustrated. I have 3 Radion G5 XR15 Pros and from first week I've had nothing but issues controlling them with the Mobius app!

Initially when I set them up the first few days it was great, no problems. However after a few days I noticed 2/3 lights would always be unreachable and 1 light would be connected directly (whatever that means). I tried giving them a few days to sort themselves out, I tried standing right next to the lights, I even tried re-installing the app and nothing would fix it. Eventually when I turn all 3 lights off at the power strip and leave them off a few minutes when I turn them back on the connection would show in Mobius again.

This fix is only temporary though, a few more days later and I see the exact same behavior; 2/3 lights would always be unreachable and 1 light would be connected directly. I tried using my iPhone 12 and using my iPad Air and had the same results, so I know it's not my device.

Any other Radion owners have this issue, or more importantly have a fix?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there, done that (like every week I simply hit acclimate). This is the only fix/workaround that I've found:

1. Go to Settings » Troubleshooting » Backup Configuration, then click "Backup" (this is for step 3).
2. Go back to Settings » Verify Settings and see which lights return errors (it may or may not give you an option to "resolve" the problem lights).
3. If the Verify Settings option doesn't work, then go back to Settings » Backup Configuration and click on "Restore from Backup".

It's important that you backup your current settings first - otherwise you'll have to redo everything again with the template setup (major pain in the a**). Hope this helps.

OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It still is a bit of a rain dance to make it work, but saves me crawling underneath the cabinet to flip the power switches. Thanks!

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue where my units were non-responsive to updating firmware. I opened a support ticket from Mobius and someone got back to me within 24 hours with a procedure to reset the lights and re-add them to Mobius. This worked for me.

Maybe open a ticket with Ecotech? I was going to share the procedure they gave me before I saw that I'm not allowed. This was at the bottom of the support email:

The information contained within the referenced, linked, or directed email
communication is intended to be a confidential communication between the
original sender and recipient, and is to be treated as confidential. All works,
ideas, or copy within are copyrighted by sender., and
are not to be used in any manner other by which they were intended by sender. If you believe you have received this or any other email in error,
please contact sender directly.

OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your fine to share troubleshooting steps. That's just boilerplate butt coverage that lots of companies stick at the bottom of their emails. :p

OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally up to you Klong but we’re all hear to learn. I would think sharing information with a disclaimer you don’t want to be held responsible would be fine.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 85 76.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back