Radion g6 xr15 lighting help

Mroyce92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends, I just got a radion g6 xr15 pro for my waterbox 25 gallon and I’m not quite sure what the best light template for my setup is - hoping to get some clarity from this community. I have 2 clowns and a rose BTA. Right now I have it set on the standard AB+ manufacturer setting at 60% but I find that it is way too blue. I basically want to know: A) is 60% power too high for this setup? The tank is 16” deep and my light is 9 inches above the water.. B) how much can I turn down the blue toned lights and which ones can be turned down and how much can I turn up the white and warm light without enabling algae to grow?

image.jpg image.jpg IMG_0475.png

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go in to Live Demo and edit the individual colors. Pull up the two white channels. I run Cool White at like 55% and Warm White at 45% on mine. Run all the blue and UV channels at 100%. See if you like that color. If you still want more white, keep adding cool and warm white until you find the look you want. Keep red and green at like 10-15%.

After finding the color you like, go edit your schedule to those values and set the Schedule Intensity to like 50%

OP
OP
M

Mroyce92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go in to Live Demo and edit the individual colors. Pull up the two white channels. I run Cool White at like 55% and Warm White at 45% on mine. Run all the blue and UV channels at 100%. See if you like that color. If you still want more white, keep adding cool and warm white until you find the look you want. Keep red and green at like 10-15%.

After finding the color you like, go edit your schedule to those values and set the Schedule Intensity to like 50%
Thanks so much this is super helpful. Will adding more warm and white light just increase algae ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back