Radion gen 5 will it fit aquatic life fixture

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone knows if the Radion gen5 xr30 will fit in the new aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's actually a good question, not really sure how the new G5 mounts. I seriously doubt Aquatic Life has already built brackets yet if they are different. @AquaticLifeProducts , has this been looked into yet?

cidermaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted BRS last week and asked this question because I was ordering the G5 and they said it fits. But I haven’t received yet to confirm ..

OP
OP
jimc40

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's actually a good question, not really sure how the new G5 mounts. I seriously doubt Aquatic Life has already built brackets yet if they are different. @AquaticLifeProducts , has this been looked into yet?
I need to buy some xr30s for a frag tank and one for a 60 cube so I want to put the new ones on my Waterbox 190 and use my gen4 for new tanks

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use a Aquatic Life hybrid and plan to go that route when i upgrade, I also plan on buying G5's XR30's, so this is a interesting question.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted BRS last week and asked this question because I was ordering the G5 and they said it fits. But I haven’t received yet to confirm ..
Fits, maybe, but are the mounts the same?

OP
OP
jimc40

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's the case then it shouldn't be an issue, definitely good to know. :)
Just to be clear I am talking about the ecotech Radion mounts say the fit all xr30s not the aquatic life mounts. But sounds like they mount the same

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aquatic Life mounts use the same holes as the Radions, so if the measurements for the mounts haven't changed on the G5's, then it will work. I have XR15's G4's mounted in my fixture now. I will have to check, but I believe the overall measurement for the G5 is the same as the G4.

Edit: Both are 7 in wide, so as long as the mounting holes are the same it should work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jimc40

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aquatic Life mounts use the same holes as the Radions, so if the measurements for the mounts haven't changed on the G5's, then it will work. I have XR15's G4's mounted in my fixture now. I will have to check, but I believe the overall measurement for the G5 is the same as the G4.

Edit: Both are 7 in wide, so as long as the mounting holes are the same it should work.
Thanks I have the new aquatic life fixture it is no adjustable. It’s max width is 7 1/8 so they should fit

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the aquaticlife brackets also have a a long line to fit various fixtures and different hole alignments.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Sorry to be late but it looks like the question has been answered.

As we understand the top screw mounts for the XR series stayed the same so the universal LED bracket that comes with the Hybrid will work. Only detail I do not have is if they include the suspension screws still that were used to secure the LED to the Hybrid brackets.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be clear I am talking about the ecotech Radion mounts say the fit all xr30s not the aquatic life mounts. But sounds like they mount the same
That's not quite right. The RMS arms are the same but the adapter that fits the light is quite different. The one's I got from BRS were the original RMS arms with G4 adapters and they included the new G5 adapters. The lights larger and the new adapters attach at the 4 corners.

Southpawblues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to fit my new XR15 G5 lights into my Aquatic Life Hybrid. The Aquatic Life brackets sit over the two screws on the light using the longer cut outs on the brackets. I took the Ecotech provided suspension screws, removed the black nut and screwed the bracket to the light using the suspension screw (minus the black nut). Worked just fine!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back