Radion xr15 pro G5 intensity

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. New to the saltwater side of things, been on the successful side of freshwater for years. I just got a radion xr15 pro G5 for over a 20 gallon high tank. Using a standard mount, so I’m 8 inches above the water, and my depth to the sand bed is about 14 inches. I’m looking for information on an intensity setting for a zoa frag i got. It’s currently on a ledge of a piece of live-rock. So the light is 8” above water and then 11” to the zoa frag.

Metsf4n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. New to the saltwater side of things, been on the successful side of freshwater for years. I just got a radion xr15 pro G5 for over a 20 gallon high tank. Using a standard mount, so I’m 8 inches above the water, and my depth to the sand bed is about 14 inches. I’m looking for information on an intensity setting for a zoa frag i got. It’s currently on a ledge of a piece of live-rock. So the light is 8” above water and then 11” to the zoa frag.
Best way to know is to get a PAR meter. it will tell you how intense the light is in any spot you put it. They are pretty pricey or you could rent one online.

OP
OP
Saminpa

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best way to know is to get a PAR meter. it will tell you how intense the light is in any spot you put it. They are pretty pricey or you could rent one online.
Yes i saw brs rents them, but they don’t have any available for a month, so i was looking for advice from someone with experience for now.

OP
OP
Saminpa

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over a 20?? I hope you have intentions of an upgrade one day.
Yes over a 20 lol. I wanted to gain some knowledge and experience on the saltwater side, instead of starting with something bigger like my 75 gallon freshwater. I have my eyes on either a 40 or 50 gallon I’ll use the radion over and put a smaller light over the 20.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over a 20?? I hope you have intentions of an upgrade one day.
It's a only a single LED, probably around 100w right, and that's at channels 100%. So probably going to be run at 50 to 80watts.
A par meter would be a good idea. But if you just have zoas for now, start low and they will typically reach for my light and you can adjust from there.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
these lights are extreamly powerful...I got my first 2 xr15 G4 pros and I was setting them up and placed them on the couch while I was plugging them in and stuff...They may or may not have burnt some holes in my couch lol. I run 2 xr15 g4 pros on ab+ setting at 75% over a 15x24x8 frag tank sitting about 24in off the water surface

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these lights are extreamly powerful...I got my first 2 xr15 G4 pros and I was setting them up and placed them on the couch while I was plugging them in and stuff...They may or may not have burnt some holes in my couch lol. I run 2 xr15 g4 pros on ab+ setting at 75% over a 15x24x8 frag tank sitting about 24in off the water surface
Haha I did the same thing with the original hydras, didn’t know the lights were on and put holes right though my sheets into my bed. I have a 29 biocube so it’s relatively the same size. My corals have all been acclimated to the high light and I generally only have high demanding corals and run my radions xr15 pro g4 at 80% with reefbrites on the sides.

RayDRoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 2 XR15 G5 Pros in a hybrid Aquatic Life T5 8"over the water on a 75gal. Blues/UV 100%, all other channels 24%, total intensity 65%.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 136 41.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 164 49.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 30 9.1%
Back