Radion XR30 vs XR15 PAR Output Question

TinkL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just recently upgraded my 33g to a 65g. The 33g had a single XR15 over it, this 65g has a single XR30 (minimal rockscape so the spread covers the rock area perfect). I basically copied over the exact same schedule, intensity and everything, but I noticed the XR30 seemed A LOT brighter. My question is... do the xr30s output more par than xr15s with the SAME schedule and SAME intensity? I assumed they didn't but this has me second guessing, so I'll probably get a par meter from my LFS to verify, but I turned the intensity from 70% down to 50% for now JUST INCASE. If anyone has some insight I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and Yes. the xr30 is like what, double the power. And the increase in par on the xr30 is because of having all that extra LED array overlap.

OP
OP
T

TinkL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and Yes. the xr30 is like what, double the power. And the increase in par on the xr30 is because of having all that extra LED array overlap.
Awesome thanks for clarifying, I'll grab a par meter soon to dial it back in, thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back