Radions or AI prime

Joel Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys

I recently bought a red sea c130, and I was wondering what lights should I use for this tank, I currently have a 20gl with a kessil a80 and what ive noticed is that this light has poor PAR expansion, I wouldnt want to put this lights on the bigger tank, so my 2 options right now are either the xr15, or the AI prime, what do you guys think is a better option and i do accept any other recommendations

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radions will be many times better than the Ai prime. The prime doesn't have enough power.

OP
OP
J

Joel Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radions will be many times better than the Ai prime. The prime doesn't have enough power.
And what about generations? Whats really the difference betweent the Gen3 vs the Gen4 is a Gen4 reallyyy that different? And better?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on removing the hood or keeping It?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say either light will do what you want, the XR15 will have a slightly wider spread but costs extensively more you could get two Primes for the 1 XR or go with the AI Hydra 26. The AI lights also don't require an extra purchase (controller) as they work out of the box on your phone or tablet.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from Ai prime HD to xr15s and it's many time better. Once you setup the light with the USB you usually don't need to need with the lighting. There is no added need for the reeflink unless you change lighting often.

OP
OP
J

Joel Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from Ai prime HD to xr15s and it's many time better. Once you setup the light with the USB you usually don't need to need with the lighting. There is no added need for the reeflink unless you change lighting often.
And whats the difference between the gen3 and the gen4, can i get away with just the gen3?

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may simply want to search for this topic. You have people here saying they don’t have enough power and that is not a correct statement. Either is fine. Asking about lights always results in a 95% usless thread.

OP
OP
J

Joel Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may simply want to search for this topic. You have people here saying they don’t have enough power and that is not a correct statement. Either is fine. Asking about lights always results in a 95% usless thread.
Lol i appreciate your honesty, id have to just make an educated guess decision and go on

OP
OP
J

Joel Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go by your budget and if you can see both locally at your local fish store, go by what appeals to your eye :). Have fun :)
Thanks Flexin for the advice, with this best believe i have made my decision, thank you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back