Rainbow chalice

zoasaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
Pick-up this chalice from local store,when I ask the owner what's the name of this chalice He stated NO NAME CHALICE.He got it from his supplier
Is it wrong for me to name it?
I was thinking Name it CALI RAINBOW
Thank for the input in advance
Here the actual pic of the chalice from his web
12593678_936248879777949_7862783012995741262_o.jpg

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with you naming it. It was likely a wild or maricultured piece so no name would come attached to it. Even if a seller has one similar with a name you really can't name it the same since you didn't get it from them. Naming used to carry some weight because it signified tank raised, aquacultured corals. Now a days every wild/maricultured coral gets a name slapped on it even before it's had time in captivity. I have some Acros I've named but they were wild/maricultured pieces that I've had success growing and fragging in my tank. I don't name anything unless I can grow it successfully and repeatedly.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are dozens of rainbow chalices that look like yours and are named differently at each seller. They are very pretty and still demand higher prices compared to other chalices. Red and blue body with rim being orange or green when adjacent to red or blue portions respectively. Cornbred had at least 5 with that coloring.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back