Rainbow Chalices - Let's talk about them!

Reefing8EZ

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one of my Rainbow chalice i had to cut up it got damaged after falling off and landing on another chalice over night
newchalice3.jpg
Lol! What a pic?! Nice rainbow sandbed too..

H2Oceans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry about the sandbed looking this way this picture all i did to the picture is clean up the sharpness and clarity with the Picasa 3 program i have. Here is the same picture straight from the camera before fixing the Sharpness and clarity and that is it.
032-1.jpg

Before fixing ( Sharpness and clarity )
046-2.jpg

After Fixing ( Sharpness and Clarity )

newchalice2.jpg

Lol! What a pic?! Nice rainbow sandbed too..

Reeferguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H2Oceans said:
I am so sorry about the sandbed looking this way this picture all i did to the picture is clean up the sharpness and clarity with the Picasa 3 program i have. Here is the same picture straight from the camera before fixing the Sharpness and clarity and that is it.

Before fixing ( Sharpness and clarity )

After Fixing ( Sharpness and Clarity )

As long as it captures the true colors of the coral as if u were to see it in person I don't care how much altering us done. Just IMO

H2Oceans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And i agree with you and i have never misrepresented my corals in pictures ever and what you see is the way they look in my tank.

As long as it captures the true colors of the coral as if u were to see it in person I don't care how much altering us done. Just IMO

Reeferguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Like Joes Shock fire Chalice the most as far as rainbows.. I think it could be the sickest chalice out there.

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can finally join the Rainbow Chalice club! Here are 3 rainbow chalices (the one on the left is a friend's.) Two of them look fairly similar to each other IMO. For those of you that have rainbow chalices or have seen them enough in person, please tell us what your guess would be for each of them. I'll reveal the names later today. By hearing everyone's guesses, it might help better understand which chalices are most similar. For those of you that already know the names, please opt out of the guessing.

878f9d3a.jpg

dskyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How cool I got one yesterday.

Mine has a bright green rim. Orange pinkish eyes
uploadfromtaptalk1344607483802.jpg

A very pink blue purple I'm not sure but I think I see red too speckled base.
uploadfromtaptalk1344607557280.jpg

Here's another anyone seen thus or have a name. Was told colors will get deep on it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344607645693.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344607645693.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 499

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How cool I got one yesterday.

Mine has a bright green rim. Orange pinkish eyes
uploadfromtaptalk1344607483802.jpg

A very pink blue purple I'm not sure but I think I see red too speckled base.
uploadfromtaptalk1344607557280.jpg

Here's another anyone seen thus or have a name. Was told colors will get deep on it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, but these don't look rainbow at all. Have better pics. It's hard to tell.

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can finally join the Rainbow Chalice club! Here are 3 rainbow chalices (the one on the left is a friend's.) Two of them look fairly similar to each other IMO. For those of you that have rainbow chalices or have seen them enough in person, please tell us what your guess would be for each of them. I'll reveal the names later today. By hearing everyone's guesses, it might help better understand which chalices are most similar. For those of you that already know the names, please opt out of the guessing.

878f9d3a.jpg

Bump

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here are the names... All three came from JKR Joe. (highest quality chalice frags I've ever bought)

From left to right: Dynamite, Flashbomb, Shockfire

The dynamite and shockfire look identical in color to me. Both have the yellow/orange eyes and the same shades of red and purple-blue on the body. I wouldn't be surprised if they were duplicates. Either way, they are both AMAZING and equally as bright. The reason I think these frags are misleading is because the dynamite frag has less red in it and the shockfire has more red in it when usually its the other way around from what I've seen.

The Flashbomb is definitely not the same coral. The red seems to have a different hue than the dynamite or shockfire and the blue is completely different.

878f9d3a.jpg

Last edited:

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet pieces! Joe always hooks it up, that's for sure. I have had all three for a while now and can say, without a doubt that they are all different and seperate pieces. I'm sure as they grow into colonies, the differences and distinct characteristics would become more evident. As frags it can be a little more difficult. Same thing goes for the Jason Fox trio- crazy fox, tangerine dreams and my miami.

Last edited:

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so are there multiple Rainbow Crush colonies out there cause some of the chunks I've seen recently look nothing like the original frags that Ian and dnov99 posted.

Back