Rainbow motipora question

Hawain_Rob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
85
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag maybe a week ago I'm noticing the edge is transparent. I don't think it was like this when I bought it. Do you guys know what's going on?
20160227_154723.jpg
 
Last edited:
Typically that is a sign of new growth. I've seen it come in both white, purple and green on the rainbows.
 
This is transperent tho! I just thought I was blasting it with to much light.
 
Im not sure of the overal health but, the transparency gives the highlighter bluish tone to it, also ive had my new growth turn completely clear/white in shaded areas
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new