Rainbow or new morph

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
If you get another one in, frag a section of it, see if the new growth on the colony and frag strats to gain a blue base, then its rainbow for sure. I've seen this happen with rainbow montis before...
 
this is a large colony that I recieved wild but has now fully encrusted the rock its on which is 6-7 inch's to me looks to be a rainbow but dosnt have all blue flesh but definatly differing colored polyps.
IMG_9902.jpg

026-1.jpg
It looks very similar to a plating one I have. Excuse the mess. I have been battling monti nudi's for the past two weeks and you can see some area's they damaged it. I lost a whole 14" colony two weeks ago of a purple rim but seem to have it under control now. :(
011-8.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new