Rainbow stylophora

Wayofthereef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
223
Reaction score
152
Location
Fresno
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need answers guys, I just picked up a new 6 inch tall rainbow stylophora and as I was tanking it out of the bag I wasnt holding the bag like an idiot and it caved and took the coral with it straight to the tile floor and shattered. The frag on the plug is now 1 inch tall and has two 3 inch pieces that are the end of the branches i can glue those down. But my problem is the 4 other pieces that have 2 damaged ends. Can I just pick an end and glue or are the small pieces toast.
 
I need answers guys, I just picked up a new 6 inch tall rainbow stylophora and as I was tanking it out of the bag I wasnt holding the bag like an idiot and it caved and took the coral with it straight to the tile floor and shattered. The frag on the plug is now 1 inch tall and has two 3 inch pieces that are the end of the branches i can glue those down. But my problem is the 4 other pieces that have 2 damaged ends. Can I just pick an end and glue or are the small pieces toast.
I think you will be ok if you choose the best side to glue down and just do it. You really dont have much choose anyways and I’m sure they will be fine. Just consider it an unintentional fragging :)
 
If you mount up the pieces with the broken ends they will grow new ends too. Just like what happens when you frag a branch off a colony.
Thanks, I was devastated but who knows what 6 months down the road will look like.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new