Raise nitrate with Spectracide dose.

shogun1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 gallon tank and my nitrates stay at zero, how much do I use to bring it up?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. there's no reason to use stump remover unless you just cannot afford a couple of dollars more for a quality food grade or other high grade product.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can jump in. I have plenty of kn03 that I use in my planted tank. What might be a silly question but would the dosing amounts to reach a specific nitrate level be the same for salt water as it is for fresh.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can jump in. I have plenty of kn03 that I use in my planted tank. What might be a silly question but would the dosing amounts to reach a specific nitrate level be the same for salt water as it is for fresh.

Ime, the dosing amounts are the same. You're adding to a volume of water in each case. One just happens to have more dissolved minerals in it;)

Just make sure what you have doesn't contain other fertilizers as some planted tank solutions contain other ingredients that may not be desirable in the reef tank.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ime, the dosing amounts are the same. You're adding to a volume of water in each case. One just happens to have more dissolved minerals in it;)

Just make sure what you have doesn't contain other fertilizers as some planted tank solutions contain other ingredients that may not be desirable in the reef tank.
Cool beans. I was leaning that way but wanted a second opinion. Thanks.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back