Raise ph with our Alk?

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I raise the pH without raising the alkalinity ? My ph stays around 7.7. Alk is 8.2. Would like ph at least 7.9-8.1

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple things you can do to increase alk would be to decrease the CO2 content in your water. Ways to do this would be to increase surface agitation to promote more gas exchange. Open a window to allow more fresh air into your home. Run a fresh air line from your skimmers air intake to the outside to pull in fresh air. Or add a CO2 scrubber to your skimmers air intake. Or incorporate a refugium into your system, macro will lower the co2 and raise the ph

OP
OP
phil bevilacqua

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have co2 scrubber on my skimmer. Does nothing. Lol Not close to window. I try and open one each day for a bit. But it’s 95 right now. Lol

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have co2 scrubber on my skimmer. Does nothing. Lol Not close to window. I try and open one each day for a bit. But it’s 95 right now. Lol
How often are you replacing the media? It can burn up pretty quickly.with high co2 levels

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color changing media will go back to white after a few days as well making you think it’s still good if you don’t check it every other day. Been there done that! Hey look my media lasted 2 weeks ! Wrong it was spent and went back to white.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back