Raising chamber wall in rear sump of Aquatop Recife 24g

RandomReefer1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my aquatop recife eco 24g, I want to raise the display tank water level without having to raise the level in the entire rear sump. My upgraded skimmer is in the stock media chamber, so basically I want to be able to control the dt/chamber 1(filter)/chamber 2(empty) water level independent from the chamber 3(skimmer)/4(return) level.

The options from my perspective are 1) block part of the dt overflow slots with a magnet or something similar 2) raise the wall that separates the stock skimmer chamber and media chamber or 3) use a surface skimmer (functionally the same as option 1, but would mean I need to turn off my protein skimmer whenever I remove/clean the surface skimmer).

I am thinking I would prefer option 2, but ideally want to avoid using glue so I can modify/tweak/remove. I was thinking maybe some sort of clip with the right dimensions could work great, but not exactly sure if that exists..

thoughts/suggestions appreciated!

1697637184911.png

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you should upgrade your DT to a new tank with a sump that can hold a skimmer without these complex modifications. The option is usually what Reefer’s do after they have struggled to make a smaller tank fit their needs and eventually realized that an upgrade would be better suited for holding all the fish and corals that they need to be truly happy with the hobby.

Then you could use the existing tank for QT’ing the new livestock that you are destined to acquire.
It’s a big step forward but in the long run this is how everyone advances in these areas to accommodate their needs to have a satisfying hobby experience.

Do it today and you will thank me tomorrow. :cool:

Designing On The Way GIF by Legospaces

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back