Raising nitrate

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem Nitrogen Flourish has ammonium and was easy to use for me in the past.

The one thing I did was dilute the solution down and dose over a longer period of time. This way the nitrate was slowly rising and not jumping up in large numbers.

I do not trust Seachem. They too often intentionally mislead users, including with this product. To claim that urea is complexed ammonium (as in this product) is, once again, Seachem assuming we are sheep and will suck up any incorrect drivel they post that sounds good to consumers. Simply put, urea is not ammonium, and there may be no actual ammonia in this product.

Both nitrate and ammonia (and urea if you actually wanted it) are cheap and easy to buy in adequately pure form. Seachem says nothing about purity either. I cannot see any reason to use it.

"Flourish Nitrogen™ is a concentrated (15,000 mg/L) blend of nitrogen sources. It provides nitrogen in both the nitrate form and the plant–preferred ammonium form. However, no free ammonia is released because the ammonium in Flourish Nitrogen™ is complexed and unavailable until utilized by the plants. Ammonium becomes available after conversion of urea (carbamide)."

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_4390.png
    IMG_4390.png
    367.9 KB · Views: 45

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 122 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back