Raising PH with this

moiy24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b964982eb19402b698ad34292305a36b.png

Has anybody tried raising their PH with this? My air conditioning technician told me it produces oxygen which is the same as leaving a window open.

SuperDragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a ozone generator and that A/C guy maybe telling you a half truth. There are health risks with ozone and I would research it to make a informed decision before moving forward. In laymans terms it's "bleaching" the air or water depending how it's used. Ozone is controlled with ORP and is inversely proportional to pH. One would say ozone "is complicated" and injecting fresh air from outside to the skimmer or CO2 scrubber a easier solution for pH.

OP
OP
M

moiy24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, how about opening a hole in the wall in the top of the aquarium and installing a small extractor or fan? Or maybe just the hole with a net for critters @SuperDragon

SuperDragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, how about opening a hole in the wall in the top of the aquarium and installing a small extractor or fan? Or maybe just the hole with a net for critters @SuperDragon

That should work. If it allows (taking in construction issues), try punching a hole through the wall and running a tube so the skimmer can pull in fresh air, maybe skip the silencer. Outside I would do like a elbow pointing down with a net like you said. Longer runs may restrict air draw. Nothing like real fresh air. :)

Seyoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard Secret with Ozone: is if running in your sump, run heavy carbon, Chemi-Pure...Around return pump or strain with carbon before intake of return pump..

Seyoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ozone, used in bigger system. Mainly on LFS sump or wholesaler tanks filtration. Basically, for harder to keep fish or more fish-only systems.

He's Right about Being Aware of Water Chemistry and Random Testing. Always keep an eye.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back