Raising PO4

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , so I'd like to dose phosphate to my reef. I don't like the fact that the reef products never say what kind of phosphate is in their additives. I found on Amazon food grade phosphate. I wanted Sodium phosphate, however I can only find trisodium phosphate. I actually have no idea what trisodium is....the brand I found is in a white crystal form and supposedly 99.9% pure. Is this trisodium reef safe ? Thanks

Screenshot_20240116_170854_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , so I'd like to dose phosphate to my reef. I don't like the fact that the reef products never say what kind of phosphate is in their additives. I found on Amazon food grade phosphate. I wanted Sodium phosphate, however I can only find trisodium phosphate. I actually have no idea what trisodium is....the brand I found is in a white crystal form and supposedly 99.9% pure. Is this trisodium reef safe ? Thanks

Screenshot_20240116_170854_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I use the same product. I use the James' Planted Tank Calculator to make my solution and then dose daily based on the calculation for my water volume and how much I want to increase PO4. I am sure @Randy Holmes-Farley can recommend the maximum amount of daily PO4 increase is safe. There are many opinions on this site on the recommended maximum daily PO4 increase but I would take Randy's word over most if not all others.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back