Rambo's Reef 135g build

Riblet

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
200
Reaction score
0
Location
Long Beach, CA.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be my 3rd cube reef, i started with an 30x30x24" tank that I had for a couple of years till i moved. A few years later I was in a place I could start a new one. So I build a bar stand and put a Leemar 36x36x18" rimless tank on it, after a year running i shut the tank down due to my wife quitting her job and going back to school. So After finding a way to restart the tank, I sold the tank and order a new cube. I went with the same footprint,so i could still use my stand that took me months to build. its a 36x36x24" Leemar starphire with recessed eurobrace and a external overflow.
 
Here's pictures of the stand from the original build.

403c089a-5a96-d46b.jpg
403c089a-5aae-70f3.jpg
403c089a-5ac2-becd.jpg
403c089a-5ad7-f66e.jpg
403c089a-5af3-c6a3.jpg
403c089a-5b0f-a3f4.jpg
403c089a-5b24-a406.jpg
tyrenypy.jpg
purysany.jpg
 
Love the tank!
 
Absolutely amazing stand! I plan to do similar work on the next reef endeavor. Great work!
 
Thanks!

Mocking up my light hanger, out of some 1.5 pine. The gussets won't be there in the metal final product.
uzazyhen.jpg
qugy2ama.jpg
qyvuny2e.jpg
 
Getting welded up
a7arazuz.jpg

I cut up all the metal with a chop saw
I should have let these guys use this monster
yjupe4u2.jpg

Primed
edysyzud.jpg
utejy3ur.jpg

Painted
ame9y9a9.jpg
 
Wow that is a sick structure!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new