• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Rare Japanese Pink Nepthea

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivekid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have a large mini colony of Japanese pink nepthea for sale. For now I'm trying to stay with pickup on the Los Angeles or Orange County area of Southern California. This coral came from Unique Corals who got it directly from Koji Wada of Japan. It has a unique pink color and grows well in most conditions. The colony is close to 4" x 3" when fully open! Picture of the actual colony below. Asking $130.

Pink_Nep_Colony by Devin Christensen, on Flickr

OP
OP
nivekid

nivekid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price is for pickup in SoCal. Trying to sell locally first. I'll consider shipping if it doesn't sell. Thanks all!

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a Pink Carnation coral, really nice and healthy

OP
OP
nivekid

nivekid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a Pink Carnation coral, really nice and healthy

It is not a pink carnation coral. Carnation corals non-photosynthetic. This pink nepthea doesn't require additional feedings.

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefbuilders picture of the true pink nephthea is different from your picture it is in my opinion are two different corals, I had a pink carnations before and the body structure is the same as yours. I believe Nephthea has a smooth body skin structure. I might be wrong.

OP
OP
nivekid

nivekid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefbuilders picture of the true pink nephthea is different from your picture it is in my opinion are two different corals, I had a pink carnations before and the body structure is the same as yours. I believe Nephthea has a smooth body skin structure. I might be wrong.

The pictures on Reefbuilders look exactly like my coral under blue lights. They just aren't as close to see the detail and texture on the body. If you look closely at the small close up photo on the RB article you can kinda see the texture. My picture was taken under white lights. Carnation corals are NPS. This coral is photosynthetic.

OP
OP
nivekid

nivekid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks, beautiful coral that's for sure

No problem! I just wanted to be clear what is for sale. I'll try to get a better picture of the mother colony. It is a beautiful coral and a bit different from the normal.

Reafer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D
The pictures on Reefbuilders look exactly like my coral under blue lights. They just aren't as close to see the detail and texture on the body. If you look closely at the small close up photo on the RB article you can kinda see the texture. My picture was taken under white lights. Carnation corals are NPS. This coral is photosynthetic.
Definitely looks different.

OP
OP
nivekid

nivekid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold. Thanks for looking.

Ledreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Kenya Tree...

That is not Kenya tree is the family of carnation coral and grows in the tank not die like he’s cousin carnation I have one for morer that 4 yrs
374849d54f030d5b0209286af936905e.jpg
that pic is under iPhone flash light if u have it under right light is really colorful I love mine never let it go

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not Kenya tree is the family of carnation coral and grows in the tank not die like he’s cousin carnation I have one for morer that 4 yrs
374849d54f030d5b0209286af936905e.jpg
that pic is under iPhone flash light if u have it under right light is really colorful I love mine never let it go
Any chance you want to sell a frag of this beauty!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back