RARE OR NOT BLUE BOX PUFFER FISH

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
552
Location
Aussie
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see much of these in the hobby. Blue Box puffer fish. How rare are they such as the Blue Paraplegic Puffer?
 
I don't see much of these in the hobby. Blue Box puffer fish. How rare are they such as the Blue Paraplegic Puffer?
Are you talking about male Ostracion meleagris Boxfish? That's what it sounds like...Idk how rare they are there but we see them fairly regularly here. Only the males are blue.
 
I guess they're rare depending on what your location is...
 
I guess they're rare depending on what your location is...
my LFS has one but they have it missed labeled. They have a female but have it labeled as a male. I thought it changed colors as it aged but had to do some research before I purchased.
I'll have to let them know to update it. The fish size is large which also attracted me

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 2.13.51 AM.png
 
my LFS has one but they have it missed labeled. They have a female but have it labeled as a male. I thought it changed colors as it aged but had to do some research before I purchased.
I'll have to let them know to update it. The fish size is large which also attracted me

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 2.13.51 AM.png
I'm a dive photographer and have taken photos of both the males and females in the wild here!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new