Rare Saltwater Fish Sightings

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
574
Reaction score
531
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the rarest saltwater fish you have seen in person? Whether its from fishing, going to a aquarium, or your LFS. For me it was a Potters Angelfish, absolutely gorgeous specimen at that. I've always wanted one for my personal tank but know I will probably not get one for a long time lol.
 
Public aquarium but not so common here in Europe :) Ocean sunfish



IMG_2735.png
 
I've seen the one and only Casper the friendly white tang at WWC 😁

Other than that, probably the leafy sea dragons at Mote Marine Lab and Seaworld.
 
Peppermint Angels really are gorgeous, never seen one in person but hopefully one day an aquarium near me will get one in.
I found it quite funny that most people were just walking by and barely paying attention, if at all, to this little fella. The flashlight fish were way more popular (and also very cool!).

 
Bandir Angel, I used to see dozens at my LFS back in the late 70's, but they were out of my price range at about 50 Bucks. ☺️
 
Recently, its got to be this purple chromis, currently available at Violet Aquarium. I'd love to have it, but I can't justify the risk of $90 for a chromis.



20260725_100135.jpg
 
My Hawaii vacation Aug 2023:

1785283148471.png
1785283172238.png
1785283209284.png
1785283232983.png
1785283266133.png
1785283302432.png
 
Last edited:
What is the rarest saltwater fish you have seen in person? Whether its from fishing, going to an aquarium, or your LFS. For me it was a Potters Angelfish, absolutely gorgeous specimen at that. I've always wanted one for my personal tank but know I will probably not get one for a long time lol.
I had a potters angel for about 4 years until I took down that tank. Amazing fish

I’d say mine was seeing two huge lettuce seahorses. Incredible to watch them!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new