Rasta zoa

reefsquad3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have some baby Rasta zoa and the first couple of weeks they were doing great when they went in the tank I have not changed anything I have kept up with water changes but their skirts have dropped and I don't know why can someone please help?

Phosphate: 0
Calcium: 460
Nitrate: 0
Nitrites: 0
Salinity: 1.025

webbl19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have some baby Rasta zoa and the first couple of weeks they were doing great when they went in the tank I have not changed anything I have kept up with water changes but their skirts have dropped and I don't know why can someone please help?

Phosphate: 0
Calcium: 460
Nitrate: 0
Nitrites: 0
Salinity: 1.025
Ive read that means they need more light.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post an image.

What lighting type please?

OP
OP
reefsquad3

reefsquad3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post an image.

What lighting type please?

c6596686e7e0bc093967d89ddd37e9d6.jpg

Current orbit led

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I could have worded that better, may I please see an image of the Rasta.

When you say the skirts dropped, that makes me think something is eating the zoanthids..

OP
OP
reefsquad3

reefsquad3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I could have worded that better, may I please see an image of the Rasta.

When you say the skirts dropped, that makes me think something is eating the zoanthids..

Lol yes sorry I thought you wanted to see the actual light itself. I am at work currently cleaning up after this hurricane that just hit but when I get home I will take a picture.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yes sorry I thought you wanted to see the actual light itself. I am at work currently cleaning up after this hurricane that just hit but when I get home I will take a picture.

:D:D

Take your time please.

I have Rasta in two different tanks, compared to the other zoanthids that I have Rasta are pretty darn hardy. What percent are you running those lights at?

OP
OP
reefsquad3

reefsquad3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D:D

Take your time please.

I have Rasta in two different tanks, compared to the other zoanthids that I have Rasta are pretty darn hardy. What percent are you running those lights at?

I had the timer set for channel for 4 to acclimate the corals that I have. I actually moved to Rasta to the bottom of the tank slightly under one of the rocks and it's skirt came up a little which makes me happy. [emoji3] the only animals I have in there is the two clowns
055271443cf1c3b19dbc284bd5ac76f8.png

Michael Cooper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have the same lighting on my first tank when I first started and I could never get my Rastas to grow or look really good. The light just isn't strong enough. I switched over to the Chinese Black Boxes and the growth of my Rastas has exploded. My picture is a comparison of my Rastas from May 2016 to April 2017 (there are only that many more Rastas now today).

Rasta Growth.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 45 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back