Rastas PAR

FishyDP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am determined to get my rastas to thrive. Out of 25+ zoas I have, these are the ones that have been most challenging for me. If you have a thriving rasta colony, where so you keep them, bottom, middle or top of your tank?

I am running a 4 bulb t5 fixture along with hipargero LEDs as a supplement in a 27" deep tank.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we never had problems growing rastas any where in the tank, they thrived very well on the bottom. 75 gallon tank with 150watt 20k halides and 4 T5's
20181215_114405.png

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have them anymore. Honestly I'm not sure on the time but it wasnt very long, they grew at an abnormal rate compared to any other zoa we had. Ended up keeping them on the glass so it was easy to remove frags as we gave them away, lol.

NemHost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had them? Sometimes it takes a while for zoa to get used to your tank’s environment. I had mine for many months before they started growing well while many others grew quickly almost as soon as I put them in the tank. I keep some of mine at the bottom and also some on a frag rack which is mounted around mid-level. PAR level at the bottom is around 150.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to prefer lower par in my experience. I say this because they're one of the few zoas (for me) that instead of growing up rock faces towards the light they actually tend to grow sideways along the rocks and or down them to find lower light.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back