Rate my aquarium!

reef344

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a picture of someone using the white rock and the purple rock and wanted to give it a try and I personally really like it. If anyone has any suggestions on what first corals I should try feel free to comment some.

-Tanks been running for 5 months

(I know the light is weird I'm waiting on a new light to arrive my other one broke)
(and yes I know the water is a little low I’m waiting on my LFS to get some more pre mixed saltwater) Felt I had to get that out of the way LOL.

image.jpg

Quintin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a picture of someone using the white rock and the purple rock and wanted to give it a try and I personally really like it. If anyone has any suggestions on what first corals I should try feel free to comment some.

(I know the light is weird I'm waiting on a new light to arrive my other one broke)
(and yes I know the water is a little low I’m waiting on my LFS to get some more pre mixed saltwater) Felt I had to get that out of the way LOL.

image.jpg
Is the tank really up and running for 5 months?
Typically white rock would have already gone through brown, then green then darkening phase already. Would also typically already see coraline algae growing if water quality is good.

Get yourself an R/O to save money and make your own water, that way you also don’t have to wait on the LFS to provide mixes for you.

OP
OP
R

reef344

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback! I only had the purple liferock up until a couple weeks ago and I wanted to switch it up by adding some of the white rock.
For the R/O, any that you recommend?

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a lot more places to hide for great wildlife! And when its covered in corals it will be even better!

Good looking scape :)

Also, Zoanthid/Zoanthus corals, they come in a ton of colors and are generally very hardy. I have a pink group that has survived AWFUL parameters and is finally starting to thrive.

Dbartlett727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some cheap zoas or a leather, I started with those and they’ve done great since the beginning early stages of my tank. Also, not sure if I’m correct I’m sure someone will chime in with more advice but I think if your tank has lost that much water from evaporation, your salinity is probably a bit high, you should only need to add clean r/o water to top off the tank in between water changes. I’ve used the cheapest rodi filter on Amazon to get me going making my own saltwater then upgraded to a BRS water saver ro/di unit and I won’t ever go back. It’s almost spot on with a 1:1 ratio of good water to waste water and easy to clean and change the filters.

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
I like the rock work. Not really I to the dark and light mix but when it all comes alive, it will look really good. Also, I live to go by the LFS and get a handful of random frag pieces. Usually about 20 pieces for $100 and put them all over to grow in. I don't buy many large pieces.

Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png 20230916_145358_0000.png 20240204_111634.jpg

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the man said don’t add any more salt water it just need’s top off water, you can use tap water just be sure to all a water treatment product the removes chlorine, I’ve been using tapwater for 31 years with no issues whatsoever but that’s a whole other discussion

MstrPhtm142

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great design! Im not sure if the white rocks are recently purchased but I think the rocks should have algae growing on them if its months old

Imo would look even better if there's some macroalgae ;D

Looking nice

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back