Rate my flow - euphyllia edition

  • Thread starter Thread starter snackpack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

snackpack

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2023
Messages
154
Reaction score
149
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone

Trying to fine tune the flow in my wife's Red Sea Nano. We've got a Jebao DCS-1200 return pump and a Jebao SLW-10 for flow. The UV on the right side glass is temporary, as she's been battling dinos for a couple of months now.

Having not ventured into euphyllia in the past, I feel like I'm not 100% confident in my assessment, but I *think* this is the type of flow we're shooting for.

What does everyone think? I feel the pulsing is what I'm after, with very little chaotic flow.
 
That looks good. Can be a little less imo
 
They accept subtle to moderate flow. The idea with euphyllia and flow is with torches, you want them to move like leaves in the wind and other like hammer and frogspawn, they should sway to keep sediment off of them but you dont want them bent over the skeleton which can tear their polyps off the skeleton. Assure calcium no lower than 380 for skeletal health.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new