Rate These Zoas! Which of them should I get (or all)?

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go for 1 and 3. The nuclear greens are easy to come by and look very drab under white light. I think 3 is what they are calling salted agave, which look great under any lighting. 1 probably looks drab under white but it's still probably interesting over all.

The platygyra/maze brain looking one would be my pick from the second batch.
The only thing is that they're from different sellers and for the last 3 I'm getting a deal if I get the 3 together. Also, I have to pay to have them sent from across the city since I don't have a car. It's not a whole lot to ship across the city but it just adds up buying from multiple sellers that each have to ship from different locations.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree but then today i found these pieces for the same price...these pieces pop up a lot less often than cool zoas and palys...
The second Scoly isn't a showstopper but it looks fat and healthy and for the price I'd say it's pretty sweet! First two pics are actually under fairly high white light vs only blue as well.
Screenshot_2023-05-31-18-28-26-912_jp.naver.line.android.jpg Screenshot_2023-05-31-18-28-48-713_jp.naver.line.android.jpg Screenshot_2023-05-31-19-38-08-890_jp.naver.line.android.jpg
Ok, so the shop owner is actually a really honest guy it turns out and messaged me that he noticed a little bleaching unfortunately on the scoly at the bottom here which I particularly liked. He said it's not serious and sent me another pic so i might still get it because of the price and fact that I can likely dedicate more time to nursing it back to health than he can. I really like that top coral in particular so will likely get it whether or not I get the Scoly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back