OP
OP
J

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Zen Reef box and my BTA escaped through the slits. I couldn't believe it, but I had the cover on, so that's the only way it could've gotten out.

I still like those boxes, so I just line the perimeter walls with plastic mesh, like the kind used for crochet and other projects:

https://www.michaels.com/darice-13.63inch-x-22.63inch-number-7-mesh-plastic-canvas/D073182S.html

It comes in various colors.

thats an idea, how does it hold up over time ?? does it plug up super quick or anything ??
i could use that in my current acclimation box. if needed.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats an idea, how does it hold up over time ?? does it plug up super quick or anything ??
i could use that in my current acclimation box. if needed.

I had a Gyre pointed at it so flow could get through. It does get a bit mucky but I just remove the screens and rinse them when I clean the tank walls. It's a lot easier than having to remove the entire box.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get plastic mesh sheets for needlepoint at Hobby Lobby for .99 or less. You can cut them up to make the boxes whatever size you want and then just zip tie them together. I've used them for all kinds of things. If you want them up near the top, you can pop suction cups through and cut them so the tops of the boxes stick up out of the water and then just stick the box to the glass. https://www.hobbylobby.com/Yarn-Nee...c-Canvas/10-Mesh-Plastic-Canvas-Sheet/p/34722

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back