Rbta anemone

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got an rBTa yesterday.
Here’s a pic of where he was marked by the red x and how he got to where he is.

Should I worry about my duster?
I’m assuming he isn’t done moving
Is he just trying to get adjusted?
7A848E45-AC6E-4933-AE6F-D08147DA5BE5.jpeg

Where he started
A937F30E-7F29-4C63-B61A-493D361E2869.jpeg

benscorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With rbta’s you never know- I have had them move all over the tank before they are settled. They have to find the right amount of light and flow to where they are comfortable. If he moves on top of the feather duster it shouldn’t kill it as long as you move the feather duster within the first day or two.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With rbta’s you never know- I have had them move all over the tank before they are settled. They have to find the right amount of light and flow to where they are comfortable. If he moves on top of the feather duster it shouldn’t kill it as long as you move the feather duster within the first day or two.

Even as we speak he was still on the move. Right before I left for work just a few minutes ago I checked him out and yeah he was even further down that rock. I guess I’ll see where he is when I get home. Did move my zoa who is on top of a little rock in the front of the tank just in case you decide to try and make his way that way

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was lucky my BTAs stayed in the spots i chose for them only moving a few inches but my long tentacle moved from the left side of the tank all the way to the right side behind the rockwork where i cant see it from the front and anchored its foot lol

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was lucky my BTAs stayed in the spots i chose for them only moving a few inches but my long tentacle moved from the left side of the tank all the way to the right side behind the rockwork where i cant see it from the front and anchored its foot lol
Well I hope you didn’t just jinx me! Called my BF on FaceTime and asked him to show me the nem and he has moved to the back of the rock! I asked him to update me in a few hours to see if he is still on the move

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back