RBTA nuked tank what should i do

wasabi bean

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2024
Messages
319
Reaction score
88
Location
corsham
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my small rBTA has started dying i think after spending two days away with nothing having changed and no changes to water quality, i tried to remove it as my pavona that just started growing is already half dead, can’t tell whether it has just bleached or it is fully dead, i have more carbon arriving tomorrow, i have done a 15% WC and have more water filling up for another to make around a 30% change, i couldn’t remove the nem but sealed it in epoxy. Is there anything else i can do to help, lots of coral have lost tissue around the skeleton like my large frammer, will this come back but at least all live stock seems ok for now
 
Here are pictures of the coral, cant tell whether it will recover on the pavona or it will fully have to regrow
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 42
Carbon would be my first move as I wait for more knowledge on the subject.
I thought this might be the case, can you over use carbon or should i just add a decent amount? I think the old stuff i had in there saved me from everything dying at least
 
I thought this might be the case, can you over use carbon or should i just add a decent amount? I think the old stuff i had in there saved me from everything dying at least
Idk if you can over use but too much can cause some issues. I usually just fill up a filter sock with some and toss that into a filter sock so 1-3 filters with carbon. With reactors you limit the flow. I believe some say HLLE can be from over use of carbon.
 
Is this a really small tank? I've never had a bubble tip nuke a tank and I have literally destroyed them in the tank to get them out. I mean I had pieces of nem all over the tank and no corals seemed to care.
Now i have done a water change i realised only the corals near it where the toxins would pass by were damaged most of the others luckily are fine
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new