RBTA question (vomiting)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fink
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2020
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
1,192
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i've had a RBTA for about two months, and I'm not sure why this hasn't come up yet (for me), but it's the first time I've seen it. I've got a pretty decent (little bigger than a softball when inflated) RBTA. He always eats greedily (about a third of a piece of uncooked shrimp) every 3-4 days. I've never done a water change on a feeding day, but they happened to coincide today. About 6 hours after I fed him I did a 15% water change and he spit out a little over half of the food. He always gets a little cranky during water changes (closing up, shifting slightly left or right) but I've never seen this reaction.

Is a RBTA vomiting in response to a water change something I should be worried about?

Thanks!
 
That's kind of what I figured. He wasn't done digesting and I ticked him off with the water change
Correct. Considering nems are majority water, they will inflate and deflate and inflate when you do water changes to clean themselves out and get back to what I consider a homeostasis... meaning when he did this he also cleaned out his gut.
 
Very deflated..
IMG_20210117_173950066.jpg


For me and the nem
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new