RBTA question

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my RBTA online and when I went to put it in my tank, it flew off my hand and into the back corner. It’s now attached to the back wall. Do I need to try and move it or will it continue to move on it’s own regardless of its location till it has found a happy place??

Labora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never remove an anemone you can easily kill it. You put the anemone anywhere in the tank it doesnt matter and then you watch it move around to find its favorite flow and if it's happy with your tank it will find a place and stay there within 24 hours.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The random placement saved you the grief of watching it move from where you would have carefully placed it. :) Anemones have a mind all their own....think "lizard brain", only more primordial.

OP
OP
ddaddy2420

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it seems to have stopped in the back bottom corner of the tank where I can barely see it.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slipper buggers huh? You can scrap it off with something similar to a credit card. Then move to a crevice/hole in your rocks. Turn off all water flow. Once it attaches then only turn on the sump pump but leave e in tank powerheads off until you know for sure it’s attached securely.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back